Career Development Center
Use Our Placement Services to Find Your Next Job
The Career Development Center provides many services to assist job seekers in our community including:
- A free account for students, alumni, and public job seekers
- Posting available job openings on our website
- Linking job seekers to jobs locally, statewide, and across the U.S.
- Providing employers access to resumes posted by students and alumni
- Helping job seekers submit online job applications and prepare for interviews
- Free individual job coaching and mentoring
- Periodic job fairs and hiring events
- Free access to technology and the Internet
If you are a new college graduate or will be graduating soon visit us for assistance with:
- Job placement, job referral and job application
- Creation of quality resume and cover letter
- Development of a professional portfolio
- Effective job search tips and strategies.
- Interview preparation and practice.
If you are looking for a job we can help you:
- Increase your awareness of current job openings and offer job search tips
- Connect to federal, state, and local job sites
- Locate occupational information and current labor market data
- Access Featured Employer and Job Fair events on campus.
- Complete online job applications
- Create, or update, your resume and cover letter
- Practice your interview skills
Check the Career Development Center’s Current Job Postings
Current job postings are paid employment opportunities throughout the college’s service district of DeSoto, Hardee, and Highlands counties – and beyond. You are not required to be an SFSC student to inquire about these positions through the Career Development Center. You are encouraged to search our job postings often through College Central Network as they are updated regularly. You must have a current resume to be referred. We can also help you create a winning resume if you don’t have one.
Register today for your free College Central Network account!
Visit our Employment Specialist
Make an individual, confidential appointment with the Career Development Center employment specialist to discuss your job search needs. Daytime and evening appointments are available.
Attend a Featured Employer or Hiring Event
Throughout the year local employers visit SFSC campuses to discuss their opportunities for employment and to interview potential employees. Contact the Career Center to inquire about upcoming free employment events.
- Offered periodically at SFSC campuses throughout the year
- Meet employers and interview for current jobs
Prepare for the Workplace: From Backpack to Briefcase
- Offered prior to commencement, these free events will help you prepare to move on to a great job!
- Include table displays, seminars, workshops, and special activities
- Create a new resume or get a critique of your resume. Learn interviewing tips and network with local employers.
Look the Part: Dress for Success
SFSC students and alumni, and U.S. military veterans referred by CareerSource Heartland, are eligible to access Dress for Success at the Highlands Campus. Free, donated “gently worn” business casual and business professional clothing needed to present a polished appearance for job search or the first few weeks on a new job can be selected at Dress for Success. Contact the Career Center for more information or to schedule your private, confidential appointment.
Get started today by contacting the Career Development Center!
· Call 863-784-7410 to schedule an appointment,
· Email us at email@example.com, or
· Visit our office at the Highlands Campus (Building B, Room 111).
Most services are available to students and to the general public. All services are free.