One child, one family, one school, one community at a time
What is Take Stock in Children?
Take Stock in Children is a non-profit program which provides deserving low-income children in our community scholarships to college or vocational school and guidance from caring mentors. Since 1995, Take Stock has provided over 17,600 children with scholarships and mentors in Florida.
To be in the program, children must:
- Be selected in the seventh grade by a committee of teachers and community representatives.
- Sign a contract agreeing to stay drug- and crime-free.
- Maintain satisfactory grades.
- Exhibit good behavior in school.
- Have a financial need and be determined to succeed.
Upon graduation from high school, each student who had honored the Take Stock in Children commitment receives a two-year tuition scholarship to college or to a vocational/technical school. By becoming a Take Stock in Children sponsor or mentor, you give a child hope for the future and contribute to the future of our community.